Monday, September 19, 2011

Marathon Recap!

I'm going to take a tiny break from talking about all things jewelry and instead give a recap of this past weekend's amazing events. It was Marathon Time! 

My husband and I officially declared yesterday as the 4th best day of our lives.....as we completed the Fox Cities Marathon together! Next to our wedding day and the births of our two sons, finishing that marathon along side of one another was pretty much amazing. And we even crossed the finish line, holding hands of course, in less than 4 hours! Well, it was 3 hours 58 minutes to be exact. And I am STILL on Cloud Nine about it!

It was my husband's very first marathon, and I honestly could not be more proud of him!! When we trained together for it, we maintained about a 10 minute/mile pace, with a goal finish time of 4 hours 20 minutes. We had always talked about jacking up our speed with a goal of finishing in under 4 hours, but we never seemed to be able to do it.

Brandon tends to sweat a LOT when he runs, so he was really have a tough time with balancing hydration during our long runs. He did so much experimenting with water/Gatorade/salt pills, etc, but towards the end of every long run, he would have issues with dizziness, nausea, etc....which sort of freaked me out. Due to this, I wanted to make sure we remained healthy and safe during our training/race, so I was pretty strict about maintaining that 10 min/mile pace.

But on race day, the weather was MUCH cooler than what we were used to training at, so we looked at each other and said "we've got this!".....and off we went. We followed the 4:00 hour pace team very closely and ROCKED IT at the end!!


I cannot stress enough how proud I am of my husband!!! I did my first marathon in 3 hours and 52 minutes....but that was BEFORE kids! Nowadays, we have two energetic little boys on our hands, neither of which who sleep well. So I am sooo proud of Brandon to be able to rock his very FIRST marathon in under 4 hours. That's definitely worthy of bragging rights. Balancing a dentistry career, a young family, non-sleeping children, and tough endurance training is super hard work, but it's so worth it. We love it!

Welcome to the Marathon Club, Brandon! I am so so so proud to be your wife! You are one HOT and AMAZING runner!

Alrighty. Time to move on...slowly....very slowly....with the day!

Thank you to all our friends, family, and wonderful babysitters for the continuous support. You all know who you are! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment