Saturday, October 22, 2011

Time to Officially Introduce... {{The Beaded Cuff Collection}}!

Introducing....{{The Beaded Cuff Collection}}!

Time to explore some new horizons into the land of eye-catching cuffs! It's the perfect addition to your winter wardrobe. :-)

Between this past Thursday and Friday, I literally spent 16 hours experimenting with these cuffs and trying to figure out the best way to make them.

Since I'm entirely self-taught, I often find the "design" process the most fun. I LOOOOVE figuring out how to make something all on my own. It's a weird little personal victory every time I figure out a new design! ;-)

If something wasn't "laying" right or "braiding" right, it threw off the whole look. So it was a lot of hard work for figuring out how to do this one little bracelet, but it was SOOOO worth it! My husband calls me the "Jewelry Engineer" since I take things apart so much, and will willingly put it back together 800 times before I'm satisfied.... ;-)


I'm pretty sure these cuffs are a lot harder to make than necklaces, because they are so carefully braided and soo much shorter than necklaces, thus there is LITTLE room for error.

And for me, perfection is not optional and "good enough" is not even a choice. I will take something apart 100 times until I get it right. :-)



Confession: I already took apart the bracelets I made earlier this week (as seen HERE) because they were NOT good enough for my standards. I was starring at them all week long and thinking to myself "I can do better". Bwhaaa ha ha! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment