Sunday, November 27, 2011

Some Gush and Mush....

I'm so thankful for the past five months in so many ways. I have almost reached 50 sales at my Etsy store! Over half of them have been from the last 6 weeks alone. I have worked SOOO HARD trying to start my own business, and little by little, my hard work is starting to pay off! (well, not literally "pay" off. Perhaps I will break even next year? Ha! One can hope!).

Everything about my {jewelry by jessica theresa} business has given me so much enjoyment and so much hope for the future. I am one of those skeptic types who believes if you want anything done, you gotta do it yourself. So I am going to continue to work hard and hopefully grow and succeed for many years to come! I'm really excited for the future.

I'm also a believer that you are only as "good" as your last product/transaction/customer experience. Not only to I want to make HIGH quality jewelry pieces, but I want to make sure my customer service is second to none. Seeing and hearing about happy customers sporting their {jewelry by jessica theresa} creations makes me beyond giddy.

I never thought something else could give me a "high"/endorphin boost quite like my "runner's high" (I'm a running freak and marathoning fanatic), but I literally feel a rush of happy endorphins every time I hear about my happy customers. That's worth WAY more than money could ever buy! I want to grow my jewelry business for forever. And I'm positive I've got enough energy, drive, and nerve to do it!

Enough gush. I will leave you all with some super great quotes that really speak to me. I was born into a family full of physicians. I was educated at a few amazing private schools, and graduated from nursing school with a kick-ass GPA. But to be honest, nothing has given me more satisfaction, excitement, and hope than spilling my guts into my jewelry business and watching it grow. :-) RN turned Jewelry Designer?

WHY NOT!?!

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
-Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple and Pixar

Don’t ever let anyone tell you that something is too competitive. Once you subtract the people who don’t work very hard, or the people who aren’t as good as you, your competition shrinks dramatically.”
-Maggie Mason, founder of Mighty Goods

“An entrepreneur tends to bite off a little more than he can chew hoping he’ll quickly learn how to chew it.”
-Roy Ash, co-founder of Litton Industries

 “I find that when you have a real interest in life and a curious life, that sleep is not the most important thing.”
-Martha Stewart, founder of Omnimedia

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure."
-Colin Powell, US Secretary of State

OK I'm done. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment